The West Coast Society of Arts
The West Coast Society of Arts is a regional arts society based in Greymouth on the West Coast of New Zealand’s South Island. We are a non profit organisation.
Many of the society’s members are active practicing artists with painters, potters, sculptors, photographers, weavers, mixed media, carvers and many more among its membership.
The Society is dedicated to the overall development of the ARTS on the West Coast by supporting artists in providing a venue to display or perform their art, by providing a means to connect artists with customers and by providing opportunities for artists to improve their skills.
Vision Statement: WCSA has a vision for a vibrant and connected WC Arts Community, that show cases & celebrates our local talent and fosters National & International participation.
We will achieve this by:
- Finding & Creating Opportunities
- Collaborating locally, nationally and internationally
- Being approachable and accessible
- Valuing lifelong learning, supporting learning opportunities
- Creating and delivering our services in a sustainable and professional manner.
- Better relationships with IWI and community.
Our Latest Strategic Plan can be found here (link).