Come and see us! We are open!
- Prospects Fearful: Caroline McQuarrie and Shaun Matthews 5 Feb – 2 March
- Rebecca Mcleod – 9 April – 4 May
- Colleen Eason – 7 May – 1 June
- Friends Exhibition – Winter Show 9 July – 3 August.
- Evelyn Hewlett 29 Oct – 23 Nov
- Friends Christmas Show 26 November – Feb
We are located on the left bank of the Grey/Mawhera River, in the heart of Greymouth. The gallery is housed in an historic building built in 1924 – the former Bank of New Zealand. The main gallery displays regular exhibits of contemporary New Zealand paintings, prints, photography, sculpture and crafts, with an emphasis on local content.
Our Box Gallery allows for new, emerging artists a comfy space to exhibit.
The Gallery Shop offers hand crafted work in textiles, jewellery, jade, vintage pendants and carvings along with a fine selection of paintings and prints. The gallery also has a picture framing service available for artists and the general public.
An expanding national collection of Greenstone/Pounamu is a major feature of this gallery, with works from throughout New Zealand, including two large boulders that toured New Zealand to be worked on by nine leading carvers as a New Zealand project. The Pounamu Collection showcases the country’s finest jade works, some selected from the Contemporary Stone Awards.